View Single Post
Old Posted May 12, 2021, 6:52 PM

http://clkapps.winnipeg.ca/DMIS/perm...10512(RM)PW-21

Plans again to close curb lanes on Henderson and Watt St. for pedestrian, cycling and place making this summer.

I see the City does not support this on Henderson. It's kind of a joke because there are diamond lanes which limit traffic from 3 to 2 lanes and Disraeli is also only 2 lanes. So that's why there is the congestion during peak times that they mention. The congestion in the morning goin to downtown is really not that bad. And the only people who use the curb lane are those people skipping the line to cut in at Hespeler. Which is fine and legal. But not a huge deal to lose that IMO. I guess it would mostly affect transit stops, which could be dealt with.

Like I mentioned before, they could permanently have implemented this on Watt St with the recent reconstruction. But didn't. They mention that in the write-up. Which is also a joke.

There's actually a lot of items regarding cycling in that meeting. Overall tone. "The Public Service does not support this". Written by a traffic engineer.