View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 1, 2011, 4:17 AM
Go Beavs! Go Niners!

I. Honolulu Advertiser Redevelopment *This looks like a really cool proposal. I don't have any building heights yet but hopefully more information will be rolling out soon.

Developed and constructed in 1929, the Honolulu Advertiser newspaper operated on this 3.5 acre site in the Kakaako area of urban Honolulu for 80 years. Today, MVE Pacific is providing an adaptive reuse and complete renovation of the historic press building that will anchor the mixed-use redevelopment of this vital site in the community. In accordance with recently updated development rules, established using form based planning principles, the property will establish a new example of sophisticated urban design, blending office, retail and commercial opportunities with much needed affordable housing in the heart of Honolulu and adjacent to the City civic center. Consisting of nearly 500,000 square feet of total improvements in renovated and new buildings, the project expects to contribute to neighborhood redevelopment and support the goals of transit oriented mixed uses that will foster critical urban renewal.

======================================

II. Live Work Play 'Aiea *Another look at the proposed project in Aiea (just west of Honolulu near Pearl Harbor) that I posted recently.

This 14-acre site located adjacent to the Pearlridge Shopping Center was the former site of the Kamehameha Drive-In Theatre. Robertson Properties, the landowner and developer, along with the project team have collaborated with the State Department of Transportation and City and County of Honolulu in establishing the vision of a transit-ready master plan and a community gathering place.The proposed village will provide 200,000 square feet of retail and commercial uses along with nearly 1,500 affordable and workforce housing units. With multi-modal access and direct connections to neighboring properties, the village is organized along a pedestrian scaled “main street” while also providing internal public open space This thoughtful mixed use urban transit village is an early pacesetter for vibrant livable neighborhood-focused developments along Honolulu's transit guideway system.

Source: MVE Pacific