View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 5, 2021, 11:37 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
After so many decades, Montreal is rising again.
I don't know. I feel like Montreal has has had a pretty steady drumbeat of new towers for the last 10 years or so. Not a ton of volume, but pretty steady supply, and could have more coverage on this forum. Nice to see these shots, though, and so far like where this one is headed. It's going to be an absolute beast as those floorplates are pretty massive.

Is it just me, or did the corner atriums get a shorter? Based on the renderings, it looks like they should be 5 stories tall, but it looks like 3-4 in that last shot. Could just be formwork still protruding from the cantelevered floors at the bottom of it, so difficult to tell. The one thing the renderings did not account for are the horizontal steel girders necessary for securing the atrium glass on the exterior. Makes sense they would be thicker like that for engineering purposes, but the renderings always conveniently leave them out or make them opague.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon