View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 19, 2012, 10:37 AM
New Yorker for life

There's nothing really new or exciting about Foster's design, except the fins on top and the "severed" sky decks. It really could be another Seagram Building. That's fine, except the developer stated he wanted to create something new. Rogers design is seen in too many of his proposals. Since they are keeping the base, all of the towers except maybe Rogers fit in at street level they way you would expect. Also, I'm not sure I like the back (east side) of Foster's design. It looks like it's the back. But overall, it will be a modern skyscraper, and that's the whole point of building it I suppose. I don't dislike it (just maybe the back).

I would have taken either of the following over Foster's, they're like candy to the eyes, as opposed to just another skyscraper.

__

None of the renders showed the looming 1,400 ft tower that will be virtually accross the street (432 Park), except maybe this one?

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.