View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 24, 2021, 7:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglysquishy View Post
City Council is going to approve it though. So the province would have to force the rules, but I doubt the Sask Party will take any action against corruption.

It's a bit like living in Central Asia. The government breaks the law, but there are no repercussions.
This is a bunch of grumbling and conspiracy theory. City council already approved this or you wouldn't have heard about it. REAL is a volunteer board and their finances are public and audited by an independent public auditor (and REAL is owned by the City of Regina who has open books).

If you're accusing someone of corruption, or lawbreaking I suggest taking that evidence to the police or sending it to an investigative reporter.

This project was approved because instead of losing $250,000K a year on a facility that sits empty most of the time REAL turns a profit of $500,000K. It is a $750,000 swing in the balance sheet which the taxpayer won't have to fund. I assume it will get reinvested in facilities like Cooperators Centre, the Brandt Centre and Mosaic Stadium. This makes the business of REAL more sustainable, how is this outside their mandate?