View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 16, 2010, 4:49 PM
The Time To Build Is Now

8:43 AM
Police Search For Suspect In Subway Robberies
By: NY1 News

Quote:
The New York City Police Department is searching for a man accused of robbing at least three women on the subway at knifepoint.

The most recent robbery took place last Sunday on the Number 2 train at 96th and Broadway.

Police say the robber, caught on the above surveillance video, pulled out a knife and tried to steal a woman's purse. The 27-year-old victim fought back and was stabbed in the mid-section. She is expected to recover.

Investigators say the same man robbed a woman on August 7th at knifepoint as she was leaving the A train at 127th Street and St. Nicholas Avenue.

And, police say the man did the same thing to another woman on the A train three weeks ago at Broadway and Dykman Street.

The incidents have some passengers on edge.

"That's a real tragedy, that's like you're scared to even travel on the train in the evening time to go home,” said one rider. “So what do you have to do, take a cab now for your safety?"

"I was very nervous of coming here today, but you have to get to where you have to get,” said another. “ But I was very nervous about it, I heard about that. And I don't like to be out this early in the morning, but I have to be."

The suspect is said to be in his late 20s and about 6 feet tall.

He was seen wearing blue jean shorts, a white T-shirt and black sneakers.

Anyone with information about the case is being asked to contact Crime Stoppers by calling 1-800-577-TIPS, by texting TIP577 to CRIMES, or by going to NYPDCrimeStoppers.com.

Copyright © 2010 NY1 News. All rights reserved.