View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 19, 2022, 9:50 AM
Hong Kong

19 Jul - Hong Kong's older public housing estates are frozen in time, and some are graced with lovely views when they are perched above the hillsides. This estate near Lai King MTR station get a commanding view of the container port.

20 Jul - With the intense summer heat and no tourists thanks to the hotel quarantine deterrence, I had the famous waterfront promenade almost all to myself during a hot summer's lunch.

21 Jul - While there are no supertall projects in the core districts anymore, there are a few large redevelopment projects happening. Perhaps Hong Kong will re-open to the world by the time they finish?

22 Jul - Kowloon City is bracing for a lot of change with a huge redevelopment project that will take out a few entire blocks. This probably means many longstanding and old-style shops will go for good, replaced by a mundane shopping mall instead.

23 Jul - Port Island in the northeastern fringes of Hong Kong does not get regular ferry service. I chose to kayak there from a neighbouring island that has. It is famous for iron-rich redness on its rocks and its remoteness keeps it fairly serene and empty.

24 Jul - The Jumbo floating restaurant departed the city for an undisclosed location in June. Thought to have been saved when Ocean Park took it over, it was not able to re-open and eventually sank somewhere in the South China Sea.

More photos on my website : https://www.globalphotos.org/hongkong.htm