View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 30, 2013, 6:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M II A II R II K View Post
Unknown towns and locales on the side can prompt more interest because it's not one of the same old large cities you see all the time.

Including a photo that would prompt a reaction in addition would be more liekly to prompt a reply, such as one time LSyd here commented on my picture of an old Buffalo fire box thing on the sidewalk.

And then there's slanting a thread into a city discussion, that some have done without even trying, usually when ridiculous assumptions and premises are put forward that pertain to the reason for the particular photographs they presented.

And stuff......
I don't know about that first point. Yes, some unknown locales might generate interest but of the many places I've made threads of, the familiar are more popular than the unknown.

Second point is dead on. Want replies, make a thread showing decay in Detroit.

Yes, traffic is down across the boards, but we are at a chicken and egg argument. Do people post less because traffic is down or is traffic down because people are posting less. I would argue, and have in this thread, a lot of people have left the site because the photo forums are overrun with noise. Lots of ways to increase the signal strength but I'm getting the message that there is no intention to make changes by those that are able to do so.