View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 28, 2021, 5:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
A doctor who works next to me just tested positive for COVID. She and her fully vaccinated and boosted family had a long planned trip to Costa Rica planned. Now she will have to cancel it.

Despite vaccination, boosting, and having mild symptoms. She is really disappointed.

All of this for no good reason, thanks to the knuckleheads at the CDC. Long lines of healthy, vaccinated people testing. One of the dumbest, most worthless things I have witnessed in my life time.

This is not necessary. This is a choice being made, by people who have no sense.

A cardiologist next to me and I were discussing this, and she totally agrees. She has planned an international trip and has to leave in 10 days, and now SHE is worried that she won't be able to go on her own trip because of the positive COVID test. Once again, she is not worried about she or her family becoming sick. She is worried about the unnecessary bureaucratic overreaction and excess testing that will impact her life.

I'm not traveling internationally until our society has regained its collective sense.
I just finished up 18 days of PCR and antigen testing and am ready for a rest. Had to test before we left for London, then test upon arrival in London, then test before returning to US. Then, because we were having three consecutive smallish (15-20 people) parties and I was subsequently visiting my 89 year old mother, I kept testing. Last test was on Christmas day. Done for now. Really only kept testing because of concern for her. I am fully vaxxed and boosted and if I get it, likely to be just an annoyance.

Meanwhile I caught a vicious cold that I passed to my husband. Still kept my distance from my Mom!

The testing was expensive, both for home tests and the cost for expedited PCR's for London. We are going to a NYE party and the hosts are encouraging antigen but not requiring it.