View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 27, 2024, 4:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickellBased View Post
Thanks - I thought announced they were moving from here a long while back and then I never heard anything again.

Sad to see them go but this will help clean up that awkward area and connect River North more with Fulton Market.
They aren't *moving* everything. They are moving their HQ to Merchandise Mart. From an actual business perspective this is a wise move. It has nothing to do with cities or anything. That factory's location has become VERY valuable in terms of land values with everything going on nearby and what's planned nearby too. It makes complete sense for them to move their HQ operations to offices nearby, move manufacturing elsewhere (even consolidate to cheaper locations and expand potentially) and sell the land. They're sitting on tens of millions of dollars of land they can use to increase profit margins and probably not sacrifice too much in terms of manufacturing.

I would love to see them build a new factory in another part of the city or suburbs, but they already have a few factories elsewhere. We'll see what they do on that front but business-wise this makes actual sense to me what they're doing given the skyrocketing property values in that area.