View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 9, 2022, 4:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newstart View Post
I'm confused by limited engagement?

It was posted all over social media, including the City of Regina's, covered in the media. There were public open house for it, no different than any project?

I don't see anything that the City purposely limited engagement? Sure everyone can have their opinion but if you don't speak up and engage, whose fault is that? the opportunity was provided!
Firstly you are assuming that all stakeholders are on social media. Many are not. Also, if you don't follow the city on social media, it would easy to miss.

The city handed it off to the Catalyst Committee. Standard consultations for the city are typically held in locations accessible by transit. Access to Mosaic stadium is more difficult if you are not driving.

Attending 4 sessions over 4 days if you wanted to give input on different projects is a time-challenge for many people.

The survey was very much "would you prefer it in this location or this location" without specific details on location. And linking the library and arena in a lot of questions suggests they were maybe worried about the public rejecting the downtown arena. The survey questions were very much designed for a specific response and yes, I'm aware the city often posts surveys that are a bit slanted toward what they want to do.

If you think this entire process was above board and the best it could be, then you haven't been paying attention. I'm sure the plan is to push all these projects forward, regardless of the public feedback.