View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 22, 2015, 3:31 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by techchallenger View Post
RTM <> Pat's/Geno's. I'm sorry. That is just wrong. RTM actually serves palatable food. Every native Philadelphian (not just CC dwellers) I have spoken to about RTM thinks highly of it and it's offerings. My family (again not CC dwellers) has purchased their holiday turkeys from RTM for 25 years. (this was before there was a 'Whole Foods'). It's where we went to buy spices or canolis. If we were walking by we'd stop in for an ice cream cone. When I have an out of town guest that foolishly wants to eat Pat's/Geno's I take them instead to RTM and we split a Dinic's roast pork and a Salumeria's hoagie. You think everyone in RTM on a Saturday shopping for groceries is a tourist? Why are conventioneers staying at the Marriot shopping for fresh fish and broccoli?
You (amongst others) are commenting and taking offense without even understanding my original comments. All I said was a)RTM is often packed at lunchtime and its almost impossible to find somewhere to sit b)You can get lunch for less money outside fof RTM and most people in CC do just that and c)Many people who are in and around the Market every day stay out of there at peak times.

Thats all I was saying- not sure how so many are acting like I insulted their mother. The things I said are absolutely true- it doesn't mean Im anti RTM or that Ive suggested you can get a better meal at McDonalds. If you live in CC or shop there off peak than Im sure its a much different experience. If you go in there between 12-2 on a nice day (especially if there is a convention in town) its about as crowded as the El during rush hour. There are certain offerings in there that are totally unique to CC, but other things can be found at competing places outside the market for less money and less hassle. Period.