View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 19, 2019, 9:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handro View Post
I think you're conflating "views" with other variables, like style choice or landmark designation. I would be willing to bet "views" were not taken into consideration in any of your stated examples. The riverboat business would do that much better if more towering skyscrapers were built along their routes. If "views" were a contributing factor, how would one building of similar height or taller ever get built next to another?
I may have been misunderstood. I'm using the term views in reference to the sun set. Not peoples views from within the other buildings. And in my examples I meant views of certain buildings, like the Empire State building. Isn't it great that that gem isn't boxed in by a bunch of glass monstrosities? I initially said I see why they chose this plan because it sells "views" right down the river canyon. Yes. In the mean time they just put up a huge glass wall in front of enormously beneficial sun light. No offense to anyone, but I just don't understand the appeal of a dark shadowy canyon versus wonderful sun splashed river and buildings...like 333's beautiful green glass arc. That was the slot for it to happen. For the most part, say goodbye. Like Mark0 said above, wasted opportunity. Could've accomplished same goals with different plan. Anyway, here we are. Hope it works out.

Last edited by bhawk66; Mar 19, 2019 at 10:31 PM.