View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 9, 2022, 10:27 AM

I love it!! Not bad to see this where zoning only calls for 12 floor buildings. They were able to exceed that due to the density bonus for allowing the light rail through the middle of the property.

https://thewestsidecrossing.com/

I also wanted to share that 35 Cottage Ave is getting a design change: A new application that adds two lots to the project. Lot 19 was previously approved development pursuant to P18-096. This is a new application because the number of residential units has increased more than 20%. The new application include increasing the unit count from 329 units to 576 units; reconfigures the interior floor space and uses, which also include retail/commercial uses; a synagogue/house of worship; assembly space; a pre-school and banquet hall space. The project now also opens up along the Homestead Plaza extension.

I can't keep up with all the homestead properties, but there must be over 3,000 units being proposed by Namdar group alone.

For reference, the three Journal Squared towers have 2,000 units. What's even more crazy, it looks like they only have 4 units available for lease, with the lowest being $3,935 for a 2 bedroom apartment. Absolutely insane what is happening to Journal Squared. Man oh man was I getting a steal on the sub $900 rent for my crappy one bedroom. Who the hell can afford $4,000 a month in rent?!?!