View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 23, 2022, 3:37 PM

A lot of of the points made were excellent, but I think one factor that is missing with our interprovincial emigration is that there are many people (immigrants especially) who viewed housing as an investment and want to get a huge surplus in income that came from Canada’s absurd housing market. Two of my friends and their family moved to a Toronto suburb about 10 years ago and were flipping houses until covid.

Now as the housing crash starts to occur in our largest cities and the Canadian economy goes to deep shit, I think we will see more interprovincial migration strictly from people who just can’t afford to live in those cities anymore. I know the recession will impact Winnipeg, but I don’t think it will be as substantial as what people in Toronto or Vancouver feel.

That being said Winnipeg needs to at some point needs to take initiative and ensure the growth we’ll be expecting doesn’t go to waste at the edge of the city. The suburban model has proven to clearly be unsuccessful and it’s time to head into another direction.