View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 22, 2020, 2:24 PM
Φιλαδέλφεια

As a long time resident of Northern Liberties (20+ years) I also acknowledge this parcel is absolutely Northern Liberties.

Mcgrath618, you do a lot of good things for this website and I truly appreciate it. However, your note above “Not quite NoLibs, not quite Center City.” is incorrect and misleading.

Although I was never on the NLNA board, I’ve been to plenty of meetings and know some of the people that are. It makes me wonder if I actually know 3rd&Brown from the neighborhood but we just never discussed this website.

Anyway, from what I’ve observed in those meetings as well as from various self-promotional neighborhood literature (neighborhood calendar, booklets, events, etc), and from living with long time Northern Liberties locals, the general thought is that Norhern Liberties boundaries include the industrial area up to Callowhill, to 6th, to Girard, to the river. But the “neighborhood” part of northern liberties stops at Spring Garden, at least for now. New residential development in the industrial area would obviously extend the “neighborhood” south.

That means Target, Yards Brewery, Silk City, City Fitness, etc are all in Northern Liberties.