View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 17, 2023, 1:15 AM
Show me the blueprints

9 times out of 10 I'm all about saving and re-incorporating an inpressive pre-war structure into a new larger development - even if that essentially means just the preservation and restoration of a reattached façade, or a "façadectomy." But I'll just reiterate that in my opinion this building just isn't that nice to begin with or even was ever all the impressive in all honesty. It reads as handsome no doubt - especially in a broader street context - but up close is just kind of unremarkable both as architecture and in its present condition. I just don't see its saving as justifiable, especially if the façade essentially requires complete rebuilding. And that's not even addressing whether the projects design program could even really accomodate it sensibly or practically in how they intend to use the new complex. I just don't see that it's worth the effort. The Roxy Theater or the Bancroft Building this is not.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding