View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 23, 2023, 3:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker2009 View Post
No, times were different then. It was the 1970's, there were far less people here than there are now and people will just be pleased to see the new complex completed. They will be happy to see America more specifically Lower Manhattan getting back on its feet since 9/11/2001. The Twin Towers were rather large for their time because they topped the ESB after a 40 year reign and there were two of them. These new Towers symbolize the rebirth so everyone should be for that. After all, I've heard people all over NYC ask "What's taking it so long?"
Alright well here we are a decade after this post, and I must say, good call!

Also- I'm enjoying watching the new complex become a part of history as time goes on...in films and what not. Side rant, I'm irritated to see some shows using stock footage of Manhattan with it in varying states of completion(while an hour might pass in the show), which is just a ridiculous pet peeve but DAMN! Annoying when you notice for sure. Weird not to pay attention to that, but hey I'm from Jersey and I've always focused on the reconstruction so idk, whatever lol

Hoping they use some variation of the original design when tower 2 finally rises. Cheers on your accurate prediction