View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 1, 2022, 1:09 PM
🇹🇼

First, I found that the diagrams are well preserved. The wrong showing in SSP are just directions to the 'blur' sites.

Second, I didn't know why CRKMRRMK seemed to hate Dylan and part of editors. There was no evidence to proof any problem was deliberately done by them. Please be kind !!

Third, I thought it's good moment to changed the website. The problems in recent year were scary for the active illustrators. We should gradually improve some problems and add convenient functions for this era.

Here are a few things of my mind:
1. Provide a more convenient building request page. The current way is not intuitive for providers and editors. Providers did not have a convenient way to get coordinates for the building and didn't know how many types for "Building Uses", "Structural Types" and "Materials", so it maked the data not to be complete. It's also inconvenient for editors. Editors needed to copy all information one by one. Therefore, the website can provide a request sites like how editors add buildings. And editors check the source is right or not, then just click the "pass" or "denied" to complete the whole request process. I think it will increase the efficiency.

2. Add a co-work mechanism. The diagrams were need to get approved by Dylan and less managers now. It seemed understaffed, so it took too much time to wait "approved". We can use the scoring mechanism. It may be like : The illustrators who have more than 200 diagrams can have vote right. And they can vote for the diagrams waiting approved. If the diagram get over 3 votes then pass (3/5 vote). It also can use on choosing primary diagram.

3. Website Revamp. The design of SSP is not changed for a long time. It can change to RWD website to get good experience for phone users.

4. Copyright and Liability. The copyright statement is currently very vague. We(illustrators) should be get better copyright notices, and provide the diagrams are original work for the websites at the same time. If the diagram is plagiarism, the illustrator should be blacklisted to protect the website.

5. Website operation. I don't know if the site has financial problems. According to "Similarweb", there are 1.4M vistors per month to SSP. Maybe improve the advertising design of the website, the website can support itself. Top managers may be a big problem in operation. We don't know SSP is owned by dylan alone or by multiple people. So the active state of Dylan is we cared about.

It is not easy to change it quickly. Therefore I hope Dylan or other top managers can give us some mail to make us not worry. I am a website developer, so I can help if Dylan need.