View Single Post
Old Posted May 4, 2019, 5:58 AM
heavy user of walkability

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodrow View Post

What is the reaction to all of this by average folk; not developers or activists, just people? Is it filling in with residents, restaurants, etc? Is it seen as a boon to the city? Again, not from a stakeholder's perspective.
I am a resident - not sure if you consider that category a stakeholder! I'll give a short response: as far as I can tell, all the completed developments are basically full, and there is a healthy amount of foot traffic through the neighborhood. it has steadily increased over the years. retail locations have been slow in opening, and there are still empty ones, but the open ones seem well-patronized.

to me, one tangential benefit MB has had has been the stimulus to surrounding neighborhoods, particularly Dogpatch, that formerly felt more disconnected from the downtown area by the void that MB was.

average folk probably have a number of opinions, but one common one seems to be that the overall effect, at least of the architecture, is blocky and sort of sterile.

I find it a pleasant place to live myself, and have a sense that we are still in a settling-in period. when all the cranes come down will be a good time to ask these questions again.

Last edited by timbad; May 4, 2019 at 6:09 AM.