View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 5, 2019, 4:19 PM
Road Engineer Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wave46 View Post
That was good for a chuckle. Sudbury leans centre-left given its historical roots as a big labour town (mining industry) and government employment centre. The PC party hasn't had a chance there since the Bill Davis era.

Ernie Eves promised a freeway to Sudbury in 2003. It didn't help his election chances - he was defeated.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just used to 2-lane highways, but I don't find them that stressful in the north. The worst ones tend to be in southern Ontario IMO - Highway 9 between the 400 and Orangeville simply carries high volumes of traffic or Highway 12 south of Orillia with its many traffic lights and lack of passing lanes bother me more.

Highways 17 and 69 are a relative breeze. They flow nicely, the sightlines are good and there's frequent passing lanes. The 400 is still a go as far as I know, so unless something changes in the next budget, I'm not too worried.
So I’m not the only one that thinks something needs to be done to Highway 9 in GTA huh?

I don’t necessarily agree that Highway 17’s simply a breeze though. The stretch between Highway 6 and beginning of the 4 lanes can be bad even on a Saturday night, all thanks to the 1 or 2 trucks leading the convoy.