View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 12, 2018, 3:48 AM
Development Shill

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright View Post
That's not true, most Cubs fans in Chicago proper are rich white people, but the fan base extends very far out into the hinterland to much less privileged folks. The entire state of Iowa, for example, is basically solid Cubs fans because the Iowa Cubs are basically the only outpost of a professional sports team in the state.
I'm sorry but there may be 200,000 Iowa Cubs fans, but the Chicago Suburbs alone have probably 3 million or more. You aren't wrong that there are Cubs fans from less privileged areas, I have some of them in my family buuuuuuuut... it's a mostly rich white people team. Go to a Cubs game, white people. Go to a Sox game and it's a diverse crowd. It's just the way the two teams are, and it's not necessarily a good thing or a bad thing, it just is a thing. I don't think I've met a African American Cubs fan in my life

Edit: again I'm making this statement not to be a sourpuss, but because of the one person's surprise that most Cubs fans visiting Wrigly aren't from the City proper, a city that is a extremely diverse, as opposed to the suburbs/