View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 28, 2021, 6:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown View Post
I don't know Hartford well so I'll let the others comment, but I will say, what I think you'll find as fun if you've never lived in this part of the country is how close everything is, especially as a newcomer.

A lot of us take it for granted, but basically you're gonna be 1.5 hours from Boston, 1.5 hours from NYC, 1 hour from Providence, and probably 45 minutes from a significant body of water (Long Island Sound). In the time you could be in Atlanta from Nashville you could be in Philadelphia or even close to Montreal. Lots to see. Beautiful beach and mountain towns within driving distance, ranging from Newport RI and Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard, Maine to Hudson NY to the Adirondacks skiing in Vermont and New Hampshire etc.

Even if you don't stay forever will be a fun diversion for 5 or 6 years.

Good luck!
Thanks for your kind words. I'm really looking forward to touring all the historic sights. New England is a treasure trove of American history and the closest I have been to the northeast is Cincinnati. I was surprised at how green the area is. My future son in law absolutely loves it up there. He is working in Ellington. My daughter recently graduated from law school and is currently clerking for a federal judge. She is moving as soon as her contract is up in September and has already gotten licensed in Connecticut. It is going to be an adventure. I am looking forward to the pizza.