View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 23, 2015, 5:42 AM
Majestic

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
It's a highway. You can plainly see that. No traffic lights. Deer crossing signs. It's a highway.

Like I said it's a nice amenity, but access isn't very good.
Not that I want to join in on the rest of the debate, but this point can only be correct if you consider that in Alberta, legally speaking, every road regularly accessible to the public is a "highway." There are traffic lights on all the roads surrounding Nose Hill. Deer crossing signs abound through the city on many types of roadways. You can't even (legally) approach highway speeds on most of the surrounding roads.

Access is mostly fine. There are about a half dozen parking lots that ring the park, and there a few dozen bus routes (Nose Hill is practically in the middle of the northwest and covers around 10% of that quadrant). Probably the biggest strike against the park in terms of access is that there's nowhere for you to lock up a bike (though I'm not sure why you'd do that if you took your bike all the way to Nose Hill in the first place).

The park fits within the generic definition of "urban," meaning "not rural."

Flickr