View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 29, 2021, 3:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.OT13 View Post
The City and OSEG will be looking into replacing the 10,000 seat Civic Centre at Lansdowne in order to build a new north side stand for TD Place Stadium, along with a residential/hotel component. I'm hoping that instead of building a new, smaller arena at Lansdowne, they'll instead opt to build an NHL sized rink at LeBreton, which would compete directly with the CTC and hold all the advantages, forcing Melnyk to move downtown or sell. Since the NHL's policy is to keep teams in their current city whenever possible, they will push for a move to a new LeBreton arena over a new city.
I didn't know about this, but I think this just improves the chances of the Sens eventually moving to LeBreton. In an ideal world, the City, OSEG, and the Sens would partner together to build a singular state-of-the-art arena at LeBreton to accomodate the Sens and the 67s (as well as attract other tenants like the NLL potentially). This would ideally work out for everyone because the Sens and 67s would both get new a new shared stadium with some contribution from the public purse. I do agree that a plan for a large LeBreton arena between OSEG and the City would likely be what forces the Sens to cave in, join the party and move downtown. Hopefully it pans out that way.

As a side note, I'd love to see TD Place get a new north stand that matches the gorgeous south stand.

Come See My Work: Mississauga Future Skyline Model | Pan-Canadian Future Skylines Project - Kelowna, Saskatoon, Windsor, London, Hamilton, Niagara Falls, Barrie, Ottawa, Halifax​​​ | Astrophotography Thread