View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 18, 2022, 1:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadhattersLT View Post
Not to be that “I wish it was taller” guy but why does it seem that with a lot of Philly Projects (with a few exceptions) height from the original proposal is always slashed with the final product. You look at other cities and there are 500+ foot towers going up. I know we have the one on broad street possibly eclipsing that mark but, it seems we get the 200-300 foot towers when there is clearly a demand for units. That proposal on the riteaid site is embarrassing and made me go back and look at a lot of projects that have been built. Just curious, like is it a price vs return on investment thing or maybe dealing with approval from the city???
There are several 500'ers currently going up or in the works. Just in the last five years we've had The Laurel, Arthaus, W Hotel, and the FMC building. In the pipeline we have 117 s 19th, the Schuylkill Yards tower (and possibly future towers), several Penn's Landing towers, and a CHoP building that just barely misses 500'.