View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 18, 2019, 3:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
I should have held off posting for a bit today...feels like I'm talking to myself sometimes...
Not at all! I "lurk" here constantly and always look forward very, very much to your contributions in this thread! I just don't post/contribute much because I feel like I'm one of the reasons a few people here left the "other" forum, and I don't want them to leave here, too.

In any event I'm most excited about the proposal for that beautiful mid-rise residential project along Penn Avenue near Savoy. That big surface parking lot and adjacent empty lot have been "gap teeth" along Penn Avenue for years, and it's about time they're (responsibly) redeveloped!

In other news there is a community meeting in Polish Hill soon about a developer's plans to tear down the Donny's Place Bar (which inexplicably JUST reopened) and to combine its parcel with the surrounding "dead space" within the Herron Avenue "S"-Curve for some sort of major project. I've wanted to see a dense new project built on that parcel since I moved to Polish Hill in 2010 so we could boost our population density and maybe finally attract a restaurant to justify the high rents here. It is adjacent to the Herron Avenue stop on the East Busway, which will whisk people Downtown in five minutes. Coupled with the residential project that's being built over near Cheerleaders these two projects combined might boost Polish Hill's population by 50% at full build-out. I don't know many details (yet) about the Donny's Place site, but I trust we'll know more soon!