View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 3, 2013, 6:10 AM
heavy user of walkability

we have achieved traffic circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbad View Post
was over there and did not see any evidence of the extended median yet, ...
it's there now, sorta. a red plastic thing wasn't what I had imagined, hope that changes before too long:

it was a pretty gray morning, but still almost glorious to not have to walk the old ugly path. a menagerie of new signage, with heavy emphasis on pointing out ped and cycle presence, even a couple of 'share the road's:

the centerpiece itself is rather pleasant:

for cars it is open to Owens on the south and to Seventh on the west only, for now. but peds and bikes have access through to the northeast as well, where Channel will eventually come in.

a look at the temporary connection between existing Channel and the circle. they were still putting final touches on some of the paint:

and maybe because of all the anticipated new through traffic, they were also painting over the grafitti (that building gets extensively tagged constantly) on the last Old Mission Bay warehouse:

here as the approach along Channel looks currently (looking west). we can imagine the green from the right side stretching all the way to where the warehouse is now once P2 is done. (btw, I hope they leave the existing native plant garden alone as much as possible when they put in P2 - it really is nicely put together and taken care of, and the effect is more natural-looking than P1 (Mission Creek Park) overall. not saying I don't like P1, just that the garden has more of a personal touch evident, and I appreciate that)