View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 22, 2017, 2:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivtim View Post
I think all of us just want to see what's best for Atlanta. It's OK to disagree. Some of us place more importance on new development, new residential units, and new jobs in an area that desperately needs them. Some think promoting people-centric urbanism and supporting transit is key. Of course the two things don't have to be in opposition, and there are a lot of options in-between. It's my opinion that from what we've seen in the mock-ups, and the numbers we have on planned new parking spaces, this specific project is not appropriate for the location. It's not a "this or nothing" proposition, but mayor Reed sure thinks so. I think I'd feel a lot better about this if there had actually been an RFP and meaningful neighborhood input, especially since our tax dollars (via Invest Atlanta) are being used to support this, and the city gave up ownership of Bobby Jones Golf Course as part of the deal. Just too many negatives to get on board.
Well you live in Midtown which has no problem getting a ton of investment. People in downtown have lived decades without any sort of grocery store or investment that only seems to go in areas around COP. or related to GSU.

I'm not surprised some people are desperate for anything. Underground and the area around it has been crap forever now. Something's gotta change...people don't want to wait another 2 decades before something happens.