View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 4, 2021, 9:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit2lef View Post
I'm not sure, but I've noticed that Steve's Greenhouse Grill, which was a longtime tenant on the ground floor, has closed permanently. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with the pandemic since so much of their clientele came from the convention center. At this point, the Arizona Latino Arts and Cultural (ALAC) store seems to be the only occupied space. I thinks something called PHX Commons was supposed to go in the old Matador space, but that never happened.
ALAC will probably shutter soon as well as they plan the move to Hance Park. I remember PHX Commons being mentioned but probably figured what's the point if/when the garage comes down.

I posted a couple of pages back an update where the City is still in negotiations w/ the developer, Berger Holdings. Needless to say, even if there is an agreement in place soon, no way it is ready before the Super Bowl in Feb 2023. (which is funny because I remember this being a key reason why this proposal was chosen. Obviously, the pandemic delayed negotiations, etc). Berger keeps dragging their feet with The Edith too.

My gut feeling tells me negotiations fall through and back to the drawing board as the RFP gets re-issued.