View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 30, 2022, 7:50 PM
E pluribus unum

Quote:
Originally Posted by muertecaza View Post
Hope we don't win the lottery at the same time, we might be competing for the same house .

I don't think I'd want to move out of Arizona and too far from family/friends, but I'd definitely be looking at moving out of the Valley and up to Flagstaff. Maybe up 89 off Copeland where the fire was recently, or maybe in town (although some of the places in town would take a pretty hefty chunk out of that $5m).

There are some neighborhoods in Tempe I would consider as well. In general I'd be looking for an incremental step up to my ideal rather than a wholesale change.
I didn't think the flooding in Timberline and Doney Park could be any worse than what I witnessed in the aftermath of the Schultz Fire in 2010 (I worked at Coconino County Public Works at the time) but its somehow worse this time around. Just absolutely catastrophic, and I've got tons of coworkers who live up that way who had to create a fortress of concrete barriers and sand bags around their properties.

Not too many places in-town would set you back $5 million, although the cost of living sometimes makes it feel that way ("California prices at Arizona wages!"). I'd prefer to be somewhere close to downtown, like Townsite, Cherry Hill or NoHo/Hospital Hill. No idea what's going to happen (if anything, given the town's continued desirability) as the real estate market cools.

And then there's water, or lack thereof. We haven't had enough snowpack to keep the reservoirs full for a while now thanks to La Nina, and we're looking at potentially another quiet/mild Winter this year