View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 11, 2022, 8:12 PM
Dryer lint inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlidellWx View Post
New Orleans will reinstitute a mask mandate tomorrow. This has nothing to do with science, but is instead a political move to show "safety" during Carnival season. Omicron actually peaked here in late December, and there has been a trend of fewer cases on more tests for the past several days. Growth in hospitalizations have also slowed as less people are testing positive when they come in after getting shot during a carjacking.

218 people were murdered vs. 295 died of COVID in the city last year, but the mayor isn't doing anything about the skyrocketing crime rate. The masks are actually helping the criminals since someone walking around with a mask on is just commonplace now. Very ironic in my opinion.

I was fine with showing proof of vaccination, but reinstating the mask mandate serves no real purpose (unless everyone is forced to by N95 masks.) Needless to say, I will not be dining or soliciting any business in the city until this mask mandate ends. My money will go the excellent local restaurants in the surrounding suburbs. I'll go watch a parade on St. Charles avenue during the peak of Carnival in late Feb., but I'll bring my own snacks and drinks.
I was there a few months ago and the vax requirement seemed like a logical solution to ditch masks and feel reasonably safe. Sounds like theater to bring them back and then still show proof of vaccination. Also, a good way to kill business even further with Mardi Gras/ Fat Tuesday around the corner.