View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 29, 2021, 2:23 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
i think of our local school as a place that will help educate my children AND as a place for them to go to for 7 hours every weekday.

as TWAK said earlier, public schools serve BOTH roles for our society. it's not just only one or the other; there's no need for myopia like that.

and anyone who's ever been a single parent, or part of a 2 working parent household, FULLY understands this dual-role nature of public schools.

if that's sad, then our entire society is sad.

umm, no. that's not their job. and let's not rewrite pandemic history. i guess you forgot about the part that while you were initially home safe on remote off your work site that front line staff like teachers were getting sick and were instantly dropping dead left and right.

so there was no bringing people together in enclosed school rooms during the pandemic until there was a better understanding and vaccines were available.

it was obviously the right thing to do.

now is now though. and as the kids are now able to get vaccines as of recently soon we will even be done with the masks. i dk, but i would guess by next school year at the very latest.