View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 27, 2021, 5:25 PM
Resu Deretsiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
yep. agree to all of that. there's a reason why schools are (not so jokingly) referred to as "germ factories".

little kids are supposed to get sick. it is literally how their young immune systems learn to deal with a germ-filled world.

now, i get it, covid is a novel thing, it's brand new and there is much we still don't know about it, so i don't have a big problem with taking some precautions regarding it.

but we need to MANAGE the risk, not eliminate it.
Why not? Humans have eliminated other risks to our health so lets try out COVID and other viruses.

Quote:
if my 5 year old wakes up one morning with a runny nose and no fever, there's like a 99% chance that it ain't covid. LET ME SEND HIS ASS TO SCHOOL!

99% is good enough.

if he's got a fever too, fine, yes, i'll go get him a PCR test just to be sure.

it's this "no child who isn't in 100% PERFECT health can ever set foot in a school again" zero-tolerance idiocy that is just completely aggravating for any parent with a kid who has symptomatic seasonal allergies (sometimes for weeks/months on end).
What's the deal here? If they have allergies then they aren't sick, so obviously they have to go to class. If they have a flu/cold they stay home.