View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 6, 2024, 5:44 AM
Show me the blueprints

The best possible outcome is a total revamp whether for residential or mixed residential and office with a striking luxury tower sandwiched to the back of it. The southern elevation is more or less perfect for marrying a beautiful glass tower to. Hopefully those financially involved will pursue this direction.

I just don't see any serious sensible person proposing demolition here. That's just a bridge too far. The press coverage would prove damaging to the developer and would likely force a response from the city with a push for LPC action. Even an average joe would and should be bothered by how wasteful taking down this beautiful old building would be. And that's not even getting into the fact that even though it isn't landmarked is still a very well known classic interwar building with some pretty significant historical relevance. The preservationists would come out of the woodwork and I would be one of them.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding