View Single Post
Old Posted May 17, 2019, 3:33 PM
Windy City Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuildThemTaller View Post
I like the refinement to the design of WPE from the original concepts, below, to what is being built. And I'm sure WPS will look nice. As others have noted, it's a missed opportunity for Chicago to have a building short of 900 feet at that location. But the design is quite nice. It'll look great from the River. It could have been truly special at 1,100 feet or higher. But it'll be pretty good.
I've made my peace with the height of WPS, and to be honest, it's because of WPE. The pictures do it some justice, yes, but when you see WPE in person it's seems taller than 679 feet (or wherever it's currently at). WPE is defiantly punching above it's weight, er, height. Maybe the proximity to the (relatively) low slung Merch Mart makes it feel taller? Seeing how WPS is going to be taller still, I think the height junkies among us, all of us really, are going to be pretty pleased. My only gripe is that it's design feels like a derivative of WPE, but maybe this too will be less obvious since it will be oriented differently.