View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 25, 2007, 6:26 PM

I made a comment on the Reader website about the 8-story proposal and how it is perfectly in scale for a very busy and vibrant intersection. Here were some responses. Mostly the same veiled NIMBY bullshit:

My comment:
Can anyone tell me what is so bad about an 8 story building near one of the cities busiest and most vibrant intersections? We do live in a city that invented the skyscraper after all.

Reponses:
-Can you tell me what is so bad about delaying a zoning decision until the community has had an opportunity to review the proposed development and its impact on its neighbors and the traffic pattern at such a vibrant intersection?
-is there a lack of skyscrapers in Chicago? plenty of unsold units downtown, in extremely vibrant and busy areas and intersections.
contrary to the mantra of the developer/flipper crowd, we do NOT want to be like Manhattan in Chicago.

Some of you all should go comment on that board so there is some indication to these people that not everyone wants to live in a car-dependent suburb within the city.