View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 12, 2021, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch+Eng View Post
I agree completely. Major disappointment.

It is. See the photo below. The building is significantly shorter than the previous renderings. Not to mention the quality reduction of the facace. I am looking at the plans for this project now... The new design runs from market to JFk, so there is no room to build a separate taller building behind it.

-
The original proposal was perfect in every way. Even if the recent ones call for chopping off a significant chunk of 3151 (which I still cringe to this very day, as Philadelphia always has a penchant for lowering and chopping off it's proposals), the 1,095 ft supertall (the golden tower to the right) was supposed to be the centerpiece of the 30th St Station District. If the developers don't build the supertall despite chopping off 3151 Market and the other tower along JFK Blvd, I'd consider this project a waste of time, money and energy. I'd love to see 3101 become a reality, at the very least, and if it doesn't, I'm not holding my breath for it or any of the SY projects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch+Eng View Post
Once again, the quality may still be there, but the scale of these towers have gone down. Brandywine got this right the first time, and now it's being downscaled to this. Don't get me wrong, nothing really wrong with the towers, but it's the scale, the size and the height that has me thinking buyer's remorse. I don't mind changing a few of the towers to a different design, but when you don't have the centerpiece supertall tower in this proposal, it reminds me of another mothballed tower I won't name here, but like I said, if 3101 Market doesn't get built, then I won't be surprised. SY has been changed so many times, it looks totally unrecognizable from the original, and I won't even be surprised that we'll still be taking the Greyhound bus terminal on Filbert St in the next 20 years.