View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 7, 2019, 4:29 PM
Philly Rising Up!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
They aren't good architects. Their exteriors are consistently below average. DAS is multiple levels below SOM and that ilk. There are many unknowns and lesser knowns in levels above them before we get to a SOM. Cecil and Eric are extremely average with average buildings and can only create a decent building with very high budgets. Good architects can create something decent with mediocre materials and modest budgets. Also, with DAS, they inevitably use the ugliest materials and cladding. Unclear to me how much of that is developer-driven or whether they just lack any good sense and creativity once the budget is fixed. My main point was that their renders, more than any other company, are a fiction. I am just going to ignore them completely going forward and have no expectations as to what their buildings will actually look like until construction is well underway.

Isn't it amazing that they manage to get work to stay in business? I guess we have to manage expectations on some of these architects then.