View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 11, 2020, 7:19 AM
Cat Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlanta68 View Post
I always thought Tut was more attractive than Rose Towers, but the new complex will be much more complementary to the campus architecture.

Anyone know when the North side of Gorgas Library will finally be renovated? They have been "planning" to do it for about 15 years. When the area between Gorgas, and the three Gothic buildings just south of Woods Quad, is no longer a parking lot, and when Gorgas has a Greek Revival style north side, it will look so good. I wonder what the hold up has been all these years.
I've geen wondering about Gorgas for years. I think they first announced the overhaul when I was a freshman or sophomore. So many different projects have been finished, I really don't know what gives. Yes, Gorgas has had some good renovations in the past 15ish years, but the whole of the building needs a good overhaul/expansion. Great colleges/universities have great libraries, and Gorgas really doesn't reflect the academic aspirations of UA.

SSP Alabama Universities: Alabama - UAB - Alabama State