View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 29, 2014, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplicity View Post
Your points were far more eloquent than mine, but you've nailed it on the head. CVs intervention in downtown has had a far greater negative effect than anybody can see or had ever anticipated. We'll look back in twenty-five years and only then will we understand the consequences of trying to engineer neighbourhoods around somebody's bottom line instead of what actually makes a neighbourhood. I guess we're already seeing a little bit of it in the West Exchange, but shiny new buildings can distract from real problems.
They started off with decent results in 1999 but as the years rolled along they have some sort of other mandate and it was mostly ego.

They had the chance to purchase 100% of the properties on Waterfront Drive but Stenning did jack shit. Bill Thiessen (my realtor friend, RIP) worked at Centre Ventre for a few years in their infancy and he filled me in on all sorts of things and they were not good. CV had a shot at making a great community there but it is just a cobbled together neighborhood. This sucks because of the killer views and Juba Park.

They did screw up a good residential grant when they got the NDP involved under pressure from the condo developers to include the education credit. Pure Greed.