View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 20, 2020, 5:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawd View Post
How's everyone holding up?

Up until this week, every person I've known personally that's had to get tested for corona has lived in SoCal... but in the past 3 days, I have had four Phoenix based friends put themselves into self-quarantine as they wait on COVID test results.

Hopefully just a coincidence. Very weird either way.
Fine thank you. Thank you for asking. I thought the media decided that it was over - a few weeks ago - when every story - 24/7 about corona virus - promptly stopped - and the big push was for everyone to destroy property. I literally have stopped watching the "news" - after I couldn't believe my eyes when a bunch of ...(put any number of descriptions) were smashing windows and stealing at Fashion Square in Scottsdale. When I was a teenager, I WORKED at the Safari Hotel...and then, across the street in Fashion Square - I WORKED at Goldwater's Department Store. Too busy working - to be destroying property and stealing.
I walked into Safeway in Prescott this evening - spoke with a woman where you get your cart. She said that the had a bad case of the flu earlier this year - and she wonders if it was reported as Covid 19. Who knows. One thing - for me - I don't believe what the media/press is reporting.

For the building part of this website - not sure where this would go - but, there is a new Hilton Garden Inn being built on Montezuma in downtown (if you want to call it downtown) a couple blocks north of the Yavapai County courthouse. Probably four or five stories tall.