View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 18, 2018, 7:28 PM

I was recently at the site and the transformation is incredible. It's hard to believe only a few years ago I was picking up trash around these old houses and trying to tend the overgrown lawns.

That being said, while I am glad that Brush Park is finally getting the love it deserves, the renovations (which is what they are) of the remaining houses are very disappointing to me. I've worked with an architect to have every one of these houses rendered in its most accurate historical state so we have all the documentation. That being said, City Modern is not interested in restoring these homes to their original conditions which is simply a real shame because this is the opportunity to do it.

I had this same problem with Nicole Curtis of HGTV on the Ransom Gillis house. Their renovation was better than City Modern but still it wasn't a restoration. Nicole Curtis gave me the cold shoulder in the same way City Modern does with regards to historic restorations of these houses. Their really only interested in money.