Thread: My Los Ángeles
View Single Post
Old Posted May 24, 2022, 9:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAsam View Post
^Nice to see some DTLA! $12 coffee... that's just a step too far.
Yeah, unless of course if it had booze in it, then I'd be willing to pay 12 bucks. Like maybe some ouzo in it or something? In fact, you can have a coffee with Metaxa and ouzo in it at the Great Greek in Sherman Oaks, and I think it's under 10 bucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAsam View Post
Curious to hear your impressions of the redone Water Court in Bunker Hill. Also, how was the general street life around downtown?
I'm not sure if I like the redone Water Court (and I'm not even sure if it's been renamed yet). My partner and I would go there regularly for Grand Performances. Yeah, I understand the cost/trouble with the upkeep of the water feature, and now that the water is gone, people seeing a performance can get closer to the performers... but it somehow cheapens the look of the space, in my opinion. It seemed more grand and monumental when there was water and fountains. Maybe I just need to get used to it.

The street life on Sunday seemed sporadic---busy with people at some spots, empty at others... at least the parts of downtown LA that we went to. We didn't go to the Historic Core Farmers Market like we often do when we go downtown on a Sunday, and we went kind of later in the day, too, like around 1-ish. We mainly went to eat at Cafe Fig (and to see the revamped Water Court). I wanted to ride Angels Flight too, because we hadn't done that since right before the pandemic hit. Grand Central Market seemed kinda busy.

~ Charles Bukowski