View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 9, 2021, 3:50 AM

The Honorable Governor Polis take the gloves off

https://www.cpr.org/2021/04/08/gov-j...e-state-money/
Quote:
“While I wish RTD the best — ...and I hope to sign one (bill) that will allow them to compete and do better — they certainly don’t have a monopoly on public transit,” he said.

As the state considers a bill that would raise revenue for the Colorado Department of Transportation, Gov. Jared Polis says RTD, the Regional Transportation District, is not a part of it.

“I, and many others at the state level, are not always happy with everything RTD does,” Polis told Colorado Matters, “So we’re certainly not about to give them money, but the state absolutely supports local transit.” ( )
No comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopokes21 View Post
Lol. SFH rental developments are the "American Dream, brought to you by Blackrock."

If there is any shred of market evidence supporting this trend, it's more of a matter of conservatives (Blackrock) knowing what other conservatives (SFH renter families) want. It's not a housing trend for the whole country or even a majority of people in Colorado.

I will say one good thing about SFH rental - I do see it as missing middle housing (broadly speaking), especially if it comes in the form of a pocket neighborhood:
https://rosschapin.com/projects/pocket-neighborhoods/
This is not even remotely close to what CONative and I were talking about.

Blackrock which got out of the SFH ownership business in 2019 was indeed a primary beneficiary of the thousands of repossessed homes following the 2008 Great Recession. Very different concept and strategy, however.

Central Park was maybe the only neighborhood with the land that could accommodate this concept in Denver. The one other possibility that comes to mind would be Westside's redevelopment of the former Park Hill Golf Club. Given their NYMBY-ism they might like this concept?