View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 7, 2021, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
Ehhhh. I'll take it over the office campus idea, but given what Brookfield is offering further up north in the for-sale category I'd pass on it. Weak-ass floor plans all-around.

But I fail to see how these are missing middle. It's Central Park prices for SFH that are likely in the ~2,200 sq ft range. Smaller homes, but not small homes.
I going to assume that they'll be similar to the 'new construction' rental home concept brought to Denver by a Phoenix developer.

Want a house without a mortgage? Phoenix rental-home developer to invest $140M in metro Denver
Jan 29, 2019 By Kelcey McClung – Reporter, Denver Business Journal
Quote:
NexMetro Communities is investing more than $140 million in the Denver-metro area, with its first neighborhood in Commerce City and two more coming in Brighton and Thornton.

The Phoenix-based developer of rental homes is launching Avilla Buffalo Run in Commerce City on the Buffalo Run golf course. These 123 single-level rental homes will be located on 12.5 acres and will be coming to market in the first quarter. Monthly lease rates for one-bedroom homes will start in the $1,400s, and three-bedroom homes will start in the low $2,000s.
Avilla Buffalo Run

Images courtesy of Avilla Buffalo Run

In order to find square footages I had to resort to a Phoenix Business Journal Piece
Quote:
Phoenix-based NexMetro Communities LLC sold two of its Avilla Homes communities for $53 million, with another set to close soon.

These homes are a hybrid between an apartment unit and a single-family home. About the size of an apartment — ranging from 635 square feet to 1,250 square feet — the units are detached, separated by a bit of space on all sides, with a small backyard patio.

These transactions come as the developer is investing about $350 million in the Phoenix market and another $350 million in Denver and Dallas. The company has more than 3,500 units either completed, under construction or in development in Phoenix, Dallas and Denver.
Given the land value at Central Park, I'd expect less open space between units than shown in that 1st photo above but would expect the home sizes to be similar.