View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 20, 2020, 9:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadykadie2 View Post
Delaware punch was pure heaven. It had a tang to it. The taste of my childhood--the 1970's
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delaware_Punch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaudry View Post
Speaking of olde-tymie magazines!

Now normally I wouldn't use this platform for naked self-promotion buuuut...I produced something that readers here might get a kick out of, which is a) about Old LA, including much architecture and b) does after all have noir in the title, just like our beloved thread.

Behold, Bunker Noir! A 56-page, full-color magazine, designed in the style of the vintage pulps of yore, specifically about historic crime and weird goings-on atop vanished Bunker Hill.

Should you be inclined to pick one up, you may do so here.

Some representative shots of the interior:

^^^

Looks intriguing, but is it all crime focused (as noir usually is) since noir means dark or black? Do you plan to some have stories on "feel good" non-crime stories as well from the "noir" era in L.A., as this very blog by ethereal reality often does? Many people (even during the Depression) lived ordinary and often happy lives back then, as we do now ( at least until the pandemic hit). How much do you plan to charge? Will it be available online as well as paper? Good work! Thanks Beaudry! Hope you do well with this.

Last edited by CaliNative; Dec 20, 2020 at 9:33 PM.