View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 6, 2017, 2:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
There is a loading zone, so presumably the patients who need to be, as you say, accompanied by family members can still be dropped off and brought into the building, and the said family members can park the car. Let's not overreact here.
I have seen that loading zone more than most people as I used to pick up my wife every day near there. It isn't someplace you can park for 15+ minutes and take your family member to their appointment. If you do much more that a drop and go there people start getting upset with you in a hurry and it is a very busy loading zone.

The reality is there is limited affordable parking in the hospital area and HSC was previously featured in a national news story on that exact issues. Removing some of the few affordable spaces near the HSC campus and worse those closest to CancerCare is beyond horrible planning by the City. Sure, a bike lane is needed but you could have pushed it up Elgin with nearly zero impact on HSC. Worse, McDermot was among one of the most dangerous streets to travel on due to the amount of traffic it had so that choice itself seems odd. As I previously mentioned the four lane William one block north would have touched both the Exchange and HSC campus and had far less negative impact. It is as if the City went looking for the worst possible route to disrupt to make a bike path and settled on that.