View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 11, 2009, 7:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyhuhwhy View Post
It sounds like you just need to read a bit more, no offense. Since your visit the entire Orange line to Midway has been constructed and pretty much all the stations have been redone on almost every line. Buses and trains still run every 5 minutes or so on the entire system, and now with electronic ticketing things are much more efficient. CTA and Metra are still MUCH more extensive than the LA system. I don't believe anything on the CTA has taken a step backwards since '88 at all. The CTA is also proposing Orange, Yellow, and Red Line extensions right now, in addition to a completely new Circle line. As for high speed rail have you read about this at all? The Chicago high speed rail hub network is one of the official HSR corridors in the new bill, with not one but three high speed rail lines starting and ending in Chicago.
I'm glad to see things aren't as bad as I had thought. It's just that I had been reading various forums over the years and kept reading about various proposals to extend the subway and El that kept getting voted down.

The subway is still only 12 miles long, right? Are there any plans to extend it, or add new lines in the foreseeable future?