View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 6, 2008, 10:50 PM

Quick update from me on MB South goings-on.

That parking lot I've mentioned a couple of times at the corner of 16th and 3rd has been paved and striped, so it should be about ready for business. It looks like it may be contiguous with the Old Navy parking lot just northeast of it, so I'd bet they'll just pull down some fencing and make it one big lot. I know the existing lot is frequently full. I almost wonder if it has something to do with providing a place for the cars that currently park along Terry Francois in anticipation of them starting to reroute that section of the road, but that's probably just wishful thinking.

Piledriving is done on what I still think is a parking garage directly west of the Old Navy building as well. One piledriver is gone and the other is parked along 3rd. They've moved on to the foundation work.

Third and fourth levels of steel going up on 1500 Owens. There's also a small façade mockup nearby.

Windows are in on most of the second and third floors of the south and west faces of the UCSF's cancer building on Block 17. The contractors are cleaning up most of their laydown area on the rest of that block in anticipation of the beginning of construction on the new 240,000-sqft cardiovascular research building. The last I heard it was supposed to start construction in April, so it looks like that may still hold true.

UCSF is also moving forward with a neuroscience building on the western part of Block 19, adjacent to the existing Rock Hall. This project has been delayed many times now due to a lack of funding, as well as timeline issues as funding came in to support other projects and bumped this one down the list. But they've committed to putting the building up ASAP, so they're planning to ground lease the site to a developer who will bear the upfront costs and lease the building back to the university. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out for a site right in the middle of campus...hope it appears seamless to the users.

Still trying to get you guys some of the latest renderings of the hospital. I have some older ones, but things have changed significantly over the last six weeks or so. Everything is still very much in flux.